When I started Module 2 the only definition for "feed" that I know pertains with food, as in eating. What a hoot isn't it? Anyway I found this RSS thing really addictive! I had to set a time limit from now on or else I'll be in trouble with the bosses. I was a bit worried about this Module at first but the Google Reader is really a cool and helpful tool to use. I was able to subscribe and manage my subscription quiet easily which was surprising. It was really fun to navigate through the tools to set up the reader and I must say I found this Module enjoyable.
With regards to the using it for work, I think it would all depend if my subscriptions are also the ones that interest the customers. I guess I might able to recommend it to them or be more confident about the technology because I am somehow familiar with it.
It would really benefit the library because if people subscribe to our feed then we would have a lot of online traffic if you call it that, and that would really boost the use of the library's catalogue and patrons would really be aware of what we can offer them because they would always has a dose of what we have to offer straight away.
I totally agree with you! RSS is the way that customers can access our content easily. Did u know that Aquabrowser [http://www.wcl.govt.nz/easyfind/]has a RSS feed that you can build for searches?
ReplyDeleteHi yah! I think I had added that to my Google reader as well. Of course i am over loyal to the library.
ReplyDelete