Monday, October 12, 2009

Baby Steps

I am currently on Module 1 and a bit confident about it because I am familiar with the library blogs. I feel like using the colour orange because I have an orange top today anyway on with Module 1.

Of course I am a loyalist so I looked at our blogs, Wellington City Libraries Teens and Kids Blogs:

  • I like the Teens Blog because its layout is very catchy and up to date. If I am a teen I would be drawn to explore it more because the contents and layout are very appealing. Its not jumbled up and is quiet straight forward.
  • I also like the Kids Blog because it is very simple and appropriate to the age group that it is focusing on. It has various topics that the children would like to read about and recommendations that they can actually do or access.

I haven't checked out the other blogs, aside form the library, that I can review because I'll be on desk soon. Will try to look at it today in between all the other bits and pieces that I have to finish up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Veronica :)

    I think it's really interesting how different audiences do require a different approach in terms of tone, content etc. It seems like a straight forward enough idea, but sometimes getting it right can be tricky.

    I really enjoy reading the Teens Blog as an adult - I think because the writing has to be instantly engaging so there's no barrier to connecting to the content.

    It's quite interesting to think about tone in terms of professional versus personal blogs as well, and our online identities.

    (I also like the orange! :))

    ReplyDelete