Friday, September 3, 2010

Module 8: Twitter


Finally reached the last Module after eons of time had passed! Anyway am truly a bonafide social networker! I had trudged down the cyber path of connecting with people and had found it an enlightening journey. Twitter is kinda addictive if you don't watch it. People do tend to twit a lot, sometimes almost about anything! I had been following 4 libraries, 4 librarians and 4 individuals as was required. I had been tweeting a little myself. My twitter account name is jologstwit.

At first I was a bit lost with the twitting and was feeling like a bit of a bird what with all the twitting going around! But I eventually got there in the end. Found out what these following acronyms were:

Direct message is sort of like an inbox for your account which is cannot be viewed by everyone on your page.You can also send a DR to soemone that you are following.

# + word or acronym is a hash tag
@+username is someone's twitter name
RT means ReTweets it is sort of repeating what somebody just twitted about somewhat like when you forward emails.

I had also been following WCL on twitter and was amazed at how well we have come to use this resource much to our advantage. It is like real time happenings in the library and most of all it can reach massive number of people at a time through very little effort. I had just been checking the bus timetable today and noticed they also have a twitter thing going on at their site. Twitter maybe a major tool to reach a worldwide group of people but as all social networking goes, must be used wisely and responsibly by all.

That's it for me. Signing off the Web 2.0 Modules. Hope I pass with flying colours! It had been one amazing technological journey. Most social networking jargons had been conquered! Paalam! Adios! See yah!

2 comments:

  1. More than flying colours! I've really enjoyed reading your blog posts :) We'll miss them - do you think you'll keep up your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I find the time to I will. I love doing the modules and learned heaps. My next mission now is to get a bit of idea about the html thing for the Jville website.

    ReplyDelete